____________________________

____________________________

Monday 11 November 2013

Day 16 - Publishing Blogs on the Net



http://www.principalspage.com/theblog/wp-content/uploads//2012/09/surprise-man-computer.jpg
I type my name into google, and find that what pops out is a link to a place where you can find most of my posted blogs.  To me, this is a problem.  My blogs are fairly intimate and allow people to look deep within myself on points of self-reflection.  My blogs represent almost a secret diary where I express my fears and weaknesses.  Having this all available to the outside world, I get scared of who can and would read it.  Mostly the fear is in relation to – what if my boss or someone wishing to give me a job offer looks at it?  My fear is that I will ‘miss out’ on an opportunity for a certain career and ultimately that I will ‘miss-out’ on making money.  As if someone is going to Google my name / read my blogs and then base their decision of hiring/firing me on what they read and how they interpret it or feel about what I wrote.
 Also, I believe that their opinion of my blogs will be that of disgust or fear towards it.  I see that this was something that I would like to investigate, because the decision to take down all of my blogs would also mean that others that are not related to the outcome of my career will in a sense ‘miss-out’ as well in being able to see inside another person and know that someone else has the exact same fear as them.  In this sense, they may be able to see problems that they are facing from a different perspective and get some insight in how to change this.  At the very least they could take comfort in the fact of knowing they are not alone.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear the thought of ‘missing out’ on a career opportunity or making money, within the thought of someone googling my name and finding all of my blogs – within this, I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to automatically believe that those that hold the fate of my career would base their decision on ‘how they felt’ when reading my blogs, which would be in the negative, instead of accepting and allowing myself to see/realize/understand that most people involved in hiring are more interested in what my actual credentials and previous work experience is.

I forgive myself that I haven’t accepted and allowed myself to see/realize/understand that even if I did get fired from my job or ‘missed out’ on an opportunity, the current economy situation in my region is that of abundance and would most likely be able to find a new opportunity.

I forgive myself that I haven’t accepted and allowed myself to see/realize/understand that the rules and policy’s at the company that I work for surrounding dismissal, would not allow for a dismissal based on the opinions and judgments of another when reading a blog as it would leave an opening for ‘wrongful dissmissal’

I forgive myself that I haven’t accepted and allowed myself to consider whether or not my blogs go against company rules and policies for dismissal.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed the fear of missing out on a career opportunity to dictate my expression and ultimately the publishing of my blogs, instead of accepting and allowing myself to be the self-directive principle and use common sense in making a decision of whether or not to publish my blogs.

When and as I see myself go into the fear of publishing a blog – I stop and I breathe and I remain in the moment as the expression of who I  am – I see/realize/understand that employers are not so much interested in the personal lives of individuals and really interested in credentials and past work experience.  I see/realize/understand that by publishing my blogs, another person is given the opportunity to see honest self-reflection from another individual that may be supportive to their own lives.  I see/realize/understand that there are many opportunities in the world and ‘missing-out’ on a career opportunity does not necessarily have to be a ‘bad thing’, as the value of life is not based in career opportunities.

I commit myself to support myself to stop the fear of publishing blogs, by remaining here and breathing in the moment when I see fear arises.

I commit myself to use practical common sense and consider others when deciding whether or not to publish something on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment