____________________________

____________________________

Wednesday 26 February 2014

Day 50 - IMAGINATIONS of the Hollywood Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous (Part 2)






For context check out.


So what did I find in my experiment of reading about Hollywood for 20 minutes, then switching to starvation and poverty for 20 minutes. Time moved a lot slower when looking at websites talking about poverty / slavery.

What was interesting is that I found out that undernourishment is somewhat of a common thing in the world. A person has a 1 in 8 chance (12.5%) of being born into a situation where they are not getting enough nutrients, which is staggering to me. It seems to me that there are a lot of people in this world that are suffering to some extent with a lack of food. Now here's the kicker - in the same breath, there is apparently more than enough food for everyone, which begs the question: How is undernourishment even a 'thing', let alone having 1 in 8 people suffering because of it? Somehow, someway there is a large chunk of food that is not being properly distributed to certain parts of the world. So why not? These are the questions I will get to the bottom of and may even relate back to Hollywood and the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous.

As I look at it I ask: do you think that for a moment, that if you were starving, you would be watching anything Hollywood? Maybe, but I don't think so. I think you have bigger fish to fry at that point. Like feeding yourself and your family probably. If you can't afford food, how can you afford cable.

Really, it is only those that can afford the luxury of buying magazines and T.V.'s that can spend time soaking in Hollywood. And those that can afford these kind of entertainment toys, are sometimes the only lifelines of that 1 out 8 that is undernourished. And the other 7 know that the 8th is starving, but they don't want to do anything about it, because that would take away from dreaming about hollywood and being entertained. They say 'I'm busy, I'm being entertained right now, and I don't want to miss my show'. Being entertained is the easiest out, for not having to face a glaring problem that is happening all over the world.

The world is sick, and that's not something that anybody wants to face. Nobody wants reality because it doesn't give them a good feeling. How long can you go living in a dream world, until you're forced to come back down to reality? Probably until the point that it's too late. Because at that point, it's all over, and anything that was real in reality, had all been destroyed, and so you remain with what's left. Which is an exact reflection of yourself, and when you see that everything was destroyed, you'll know that you actually destroyed your own self through self-interest.

So with that said:

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to escape reality into imaginations of what Hollywood is like so that I would not have to face the reality of the world as it stands now.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to choose to support Hollywood and the glitz and glamour it brings, so that I could from time to time escape from reality in self-interest.

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to take responsibility for what has manifested on this earth, where 1 in 8 people are undernourished through the improper distribution of food.

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to investigate why it is that food is not being properly distributed to those that need it most.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed it as acceptable, and 'just the way it is' that 1 in 8 people are undernourished, while there is enough food to everyone in the world.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that the issue of undernourished people in the world is too difficult to support and that I should just maintain the status quo.

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see/realize/understand that my own apathy towards this issue is the actual reason that it exists as it does today.

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to be 'hopeless' that anything can actually change, and within this give up, thus making undernourishment in this world a dead certainty.

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see/realize/understand that the only way that world hunger will ever be solved is through an active continuous participation of self-movement by all individuals standing together, and if I don't move, why should anyone else move too.

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to make it a first priority in my life that every person that is undernourished be nourished to maximum health like I would want for myself.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to avoid groups that try to make a difference, because I see that it may mean that I will have to actually put in an effort, which means that I won't be escaping into Hollywood anymore.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed my own self-interest to dictate my life, instead of accepting and allowing myself to honour all life as I would myself.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be consumed by petty issues in my day to day life, when there is undernourished people that are consumed by hunger.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to waste time dreaming about a more luxurious lifestyle, instead of taking that time to contribute to a change for this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment