____________________________

____________________________

Wednesday 14 August 2013

Day 4 - Bernard, the unshakeable




Bernard passed away a few days ago and to reflect on some of my memories and past experiences, it’s really a mixed bag.  I read so many heartfelt responses to his death and such beautiful kind words towards the way that he lived his life, which is quite impressive from my perspective.

I remember first hearing Bernard’s raspy hard voice, and it pricked me in a way, because I have always been fascinated with sounds and especially the sounds of others voices, but this one was so different.  His was this hard piercing, raspy voice that hit you hard, nothing like what I’d had ever experienced; mostly though because of the words that he said and the unshakeable conviction that he held in each and every sound of it. 

He talked about things that nobody talked about and said things that nobody in their right mind would ever say.  And the reason that people didn’t say those things is because you didn’t shake things up.  People know not to shake things up with others, because it doesn’t make you any friends and people start to get upset and turn against the source of the shaking.  But you can’t shake back the unshakeable, and that’s what Bernard did.  Shake people, to wake them up.  The status quo and rampant abuse in this world was getting shaken up, and he was doing it simply with words.  Incredible.  Incredible how the rattling just with using certain words in certain places.

I did not get to meet Bernard personally, and always feared it somehow, which really showed my own self-dishonesty within myself, as I was showing myself that I was not doing enough for this world, like he did.  I feared how he would tear me to shreds simply through his words.  Really he would just hurt my ego, which somehow I describe as being ripped to shreds.

At one point, paranoia struck me and I really started to believe that I was being scammed out of my money through the DIP course and other ways I would support Desteni and Destonians financially, which is ironic because the DIP course helped me to see the dishonesty in this and really supported and assist me in clearing myself to pave the way for a world that is best for all.  I imagined Bernard not doing anything for humanity because I didn’t see it with my own eyes, and even though I had never made the effort to go to the farm to meet him, I still judged him and made up a story in my mind about him.  Even though there is no actual proof of any of this.  I just make shit up by getting ideas through brutal news articles or movies and books.  I justified my idea’s/thoughts/imaginations because I could not fathom that there could be a man out there that will literally do everything that they could possibly do for this world to stop the abuse.  Probably because I am so abusive within myself.  My desires to full-fill my self-interest seem unshakeable, and I give away my unshakeable beingness to something separate from myself that I see as unshakeable.  I now accept and allow myself to see/realize/understand that I am equal to and one with my world, and when I see an unshakeable desire within myself, I can be that unshakeable as well, yet unshakeable here as life and the support of it in what is best for all.  That is what Bernard has shown me through his living example, that will always remain unshakeable.  Gifting self back to self to really live what is best for all.

Even though I have let my paranoia get the best of me, Bernards resolve in sorting out this world’s mess has paved the way for me to do the same.  And it makes sense clearly to me when others have said that although Bernard as an individual being is gone, Bernard as who and what he stood for will always remain.  His example has been engrained and etched within the walls of myself for eternity.  We will move together and ‘get this done’, one step at a time, breath by breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment